Young foreign professionals organize run for a cause for students in Tak Province
A marathon for a cause organized by a group of young foreign professionals will be held in Rot Fai Park located near Chatuchak Park in the north of Bangkok, August 20, 2017.
The group of professionals are mostly young expats who belong to the Seventh-day Adventists denomination.
The marathon is a fundraising drive to help students in Tak Province. Runners may also bring school supplies which will be taken by the Adventist Youth Association (AYA) to the beneficiaries which are mostly living in a nearby refugee camp for Karen and Burmese people.
“We would like to invite all young professionals, students, churchgoers and marathoners to join us in the campaign. Run and be fit and be smart while helping a kid,” said Chona Ronquillo, AYA president and one of the organizers of the said marathon.
Registration is now open at http://runaroundthailand.com/7DayRun/event which ranges from 300 to 500 baht. Runners may choose from 3KM, 5KM or a 10KM run.
Follow the steps to register:
- Click the Link then SIGN-UP FIRST with your email and create a password. http://runaroundthailand.com/7DayRun/
- Then VERIFY your account in the email they will send. When you CLICK CONFIRM EMAIL it will go to Registration Form.
- Fill up the FORM and Select DISTANCE, SHIRT SIZE then Submit
- PAYMENT OPTION- Transfer to Bank Acct of Organizer (provided in the website) or Credit Card (+10% service charge)
- After payment, send picture of ATM transfer slip or Bank Deposit slip (Clear picture)
- Last Step- Organizer will send Confirmation of Payment and Official Registration to you so you can claim the shirt before the Event.
RUN AND BE FIT, RUN AND BE SMART, RUN AND HELP A KID!
- Best date for Thailand to reopen is Dec 15, says top health official - October 18, 2021
- Pinay teacher in Bangkok needs cash donation for her brain surgery - June 17, 2021
- Filipino teacher in Sukhothai breaks collarbone in motorcycle accident - September 9, 2020