Top 35 Recommended Places To Celebrate Songkran
Smartphone and tablet map data and location content service application, Nostra Map, released an update just in time for the Thai New Year.
The new update on the Nostra Map app together with the help of GlobeTech, the solution provider of Nostra Map Thailand, shows places of interests for tourists to visit and participate in the water splashing festival.
The navigation service of the app presents over 35 water splashing events all over the country.
In a report from Bangkok Post, Wichai Saenghirunwattana, general manager at GlobeTech, said activities on the app include sprinkling water onto Buddha images, flower alms offerings to Buddhist monks, pouring water on the hands of revered elders to ask for blessings and more. They all are the great traditional activities that have been inherited from ancient days.
Among the 35 recommended tourist spots for Songkran in the application are:
1. Wat PhraChetuphon Wimonmangkhalaram
2. Wat Arun Ratchawararam
3. Wat Kalayanamit
4. Maha Raj pier
5. Yodphiman River Walk
6. Asiatique The Riverfront
7. Phang Nga road Phuket
8. Ban Chiang Cultural park Udon Thani
9. Khaosan Road
10. Worshipping Pra Buddha Sihingh at Bangkok City Hall
11. Phra Pradaeng
12. Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
13. Alms offering at Sangkhlaburi Wooden Bridge
16. Mae Hong Son
17. Mukdahan land of four countries
18. Dok Koon Siang Khaen and Khao Nieaw Road Festival
19. Khao Hang road SakhonNakhon
20. Songkran on the beach Phuket festival and
21. Hat Yai Midnight Songkran.
You can explore recommended popular locations nationwide today by logging on to the application and tapping “Songkran Festival 2017”. Nostra Map is compatible with both iOS and Andriod devices, the report added.
To download the app for free, visit Google Play store for Android and iTunes store for Apple devices.
- Best date for Thailand to reopen is Dec 15, says top health official - October 18, 2021
- Pinay teacher in Bangkok needs cash donation for her brain surgery - June 17, 2021
- Filipino teacher in Sukhothai breaks collarbone in motorcycle accident - September 9, 2020