The Cabinet approved on Tuesday the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s (CCSA) proposal to extend the Covid-19 emergency decree in the country.
Instead of March 31, the state of emergency will now end on May 31.
The proposal on disease control measures during Songkran Festival this year received green light as well.
The measures are as follow:
1. Vaccinated people are allowed to travel between provinces to visit their families during Songkran holidays (April 13-17).
2. People in risky groups or having symptoms similar to Covid-19 are advised to take ATK test 72 hours before traveling or joining Songkran activities.
3. All Songkran activities must be organized in designated areas approved by the provincial communicable disease committee, whereas organizers must strictly follow the Covid Free Setting practice.
4. Water splashing, face-powder daubing, and foam parties are prohibited in public areas.
5. Selling or drinking alcohol will be prohibited in Songkran activity areas.
Source: The Nation
- Check-in agent suspended after allegedly asking money from OFW - May 7, 2023
- Thai lady accuses officers at NAIA of attempted theft - February 14, 2023
- Heatwave to hit Thailand in April with mercury rising to 43° Celsius - February 6, 2023