Taiwan extends visa-free entry for Pinoys for another year
MANILA, Philippines – Filipino citizens who plan to travel to Taiwan will continue to enjoy visa-free privilege until July 31, 2020, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) announced on Tuesday, July 2.
Starting November 1, 2017, the government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) has granted eligibility for Philippine nationals to enter Taiwan completely visa-free for 14 days.
Read: Taiwan offers visa-free entry for Filipinos starting June
In a post on its website, TECO said the privilege will continue for another year from August 1, 2019.
In order to be granted entry, Filipino travelers have to meet the following requirements:
* Posses an ordinary/regular passport with remaining validity of at least six months from the date of entry;
* Hold a confirmed return plane or boat ticket, or a confirmed plane or boat ticket, along with a valid visa, for an onward destination;
* Provide the confirmation of hotel reservations or an address and contact details for their stay in Taiwan, as well as a financial statement;
* Have a clean criminal record, as verified by immigration upon arrival at an airport or seaport in Taiwan.
According to the statement, the duration of the 14-day visa-free is not extendable and begins on the following day of arrival in Taiwan.
- Bangkok PE to hold consular outreach in Koh Samui - September 17, 2020
- 2 Nigerian nationals nabbed over romance scam - September 13, 2020
- Teacher faces sexual assault charges - September 13, 2020