A photo of a cobra emerging from a toilet bowl during the rainy season went viral on Thai social media, prompting warnings to carefully check the toilet before using it.
According to The Nation, Facebook page “Yark Dung Diew Jud Hai (I can make you famous), Return Part 1” shared a post on Saturday, urging everyone to beware of snakes lurking in the toilet during the rainy season, with images of the real incident attached, adding that the post went viral immediately among terrified netizens.
The post also made suggestions on how to prevent snakes from appearing out of a toilet bowl, which are as follows:
1. Attach a net or grate to the drain to prevent snakes and other animals such as rats, frogs, centipedes from entering;
2. Install a ventilation shaft on the roof, which will help prevent snakes or other animals from slithering in from above;
3. Regularly inspect and examine lids, leaks and holes among the sewers, walls and areas around the house;
4. Get rid of small animals such as rats or lizards, to eliminate the snakes’ food source.
Source: The Nation
- Hailstorm in Nan turns streets and houses white - March 14, 2023
- Tourism and Sports Minister to ask CCSA to end Thailand Pass - June 10, 2022
- PAL announces 81st anniversary seat sale for as low as P181 - March 20, 2022