MANILA, Philippines – The universe conspired and the stars shined on Rachel Peters as she was crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2017 in the glittery coronation night at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, Sunday, April 30. (Read: Binibining Pilipinas 2017 (FULL LIST): Coronation Night Results )
The 25-year old beauty queen from Camarines Sur who also won Miss Photogenic, Jag Denim Queen, and Best in Swimsuit beat pageant frontrunners Katarina Rodriguez (Bb Pilipinas Intercontinental) and Maria Angelica De Leon (Bb. Pilipinas International).
In the Question and Answer portion, Peters talked about addressing the problem of divisiveness when she was asked about what her message would be if she gets to talk to the ASEAN leaders.
“I think that one of the biggest problems that our country faces today is divisiveness in politics, in religion and also in culture and I believe that is something that is the same across the world and that is something that I want to address,” she said. ” I believe that when people can learn to tolerate each other’s differences and respect each other’s opinions then we will just be a stronger nation and world,” she added.
According to her profile in the Binibining Pilipinas website, Rachel completed her International Baccalaureate at the British School in Phuket, Thailand and has a Bachelor of Business Tourism, and Events major from La Trobe University in Australia.
Here’s the complete list of the Binibining Pilipinas 2017 Winners:
- Miss Universe Philippines 2017 – Bb. No. 19 – Rachel Peters
- Bb Pilipinas International 2017 – Bb. No. 15 – Maria Angelica De Leon
- Bb Pilipinas Supranational 2017 – Bb. No. 22 – Chanel Olive Thomas
- Bb Pilipinas Grand International 2017 – Bb. No. 39 – Elizabeth Clenci
- Bb Pilipinas Intercontinental 2017 – Bb. No. 31 – Katarina Rodriguez
- Bb Pilipinas Globe 2017 – Bb. No.18 – Nelda Ibe
- 1st runner-up – Bb. No. 32 – Charmaine Elima
- 2nd runner-up – Bb. No. 40 – Kristel Guelos
Binibining Pilipinas 2017 Special Awards:
- Miss Friendship – Bb. No. 22 – Chanel Olive Thomas
- Miss Photogenic – Bb. No. 19 – Rachel Peters
- Best in Talent – Bb. No. 1 – Dane Felisse Marasigan
- Best in National Costume –Bb. No. 22 – Chanel Olive Thomas
- Miss Manila Bulletin – Bb. No. 20 – Christa Borja
- Jag Denim Queen – Bb. No. 19 – Rachel Peters
- Best in Swimsuit – Bb. No. 19 – Rachel Peters
- Best in Long Gown – Bb. No. 15 – Maria Angelica De Leon
- Miss Philippine Airlines – Bb. No. 31 – Katarina Rodriguez
- Miss Creamsilk – Bb. No. 15 – Maria Angelica De Leon