The OFW ID or i-DOLE is set for launch on July 12, 2017 (today). According to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III, Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) will no longer need to secure Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for deployment since they will soon be provided with an iDOLE- OFW Identification Card.
Bello said the iDOLE will serve as the replacement for OEC for enhanced and convenient delivery of government services and program for OFWs.
“Under this program, all bonafide OFWs will be given iDOLE, the ID of the Department of Labor and Employment at no cost to the OFWs. This will serve as the OEC of the OFWs,” Bello said.
10 things you should know about the OFW ID
1. No need to apply for the iDole.
2. All the bonafide OFWs who are listed in the POEA will acquire the ID.
3. iDole is free. There will be no fees to be collected to receive the OFW ID.
4. OFW ID can be used as a beep card in taking MRT or LRT rides.
5. It will serve as a debit or credit card in the OFW Bank that will be opening soon.
6. iDole can be used in any government or private transactions. (e.g. SSS, Philhealth and Pag-Ibig).
7. The OFW will only be the prime recipient and receiver.
8. The OFW ID will replace OEC.
9. In the future, it will serve as an e-passport.
10. The waiting is over, It will start on July 12, 2017 to be introduced to President Duterte at Malacanang and will be for distribution starting end of July.
President Duterte’s “best gift” to OFWs
Sec. Bello said that they are just waiting for the list of all bonafide OFWS from POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Agency) with the help of DOLE (Department of Labor ) to start printing the ID’s.
The unique iDOLE Card, which is the ‘best gift’ of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to millions of OFWs, will allow them to easily transact with government and private agencies including Pag-IBIG, SSS, and Philhealth.
OFWs frequently asked questions about the OFW ID
On 6 July, Radyo OFW interviewed Sec. Bello. Here are some of the compiled frequently asked questions of OFWs.
Q: Kailan po maipapatupad ang OFW ID
A: Ayon kay Sec. Bello, sa July 12, 2017 ang presentation ng DOLE kay President Duterte ng OFW ID. By end of July 2017 uumpisahan na po ang production ng OFW ID.
Q: Paano po ito makukuha ng OFW sa iba’t ibang bansa sa abroad?
A: Idedeliver po ito ng Phil Overseas Labor Office (POLO) sa mga OFW.
Q: Paano kung ang naisulat na address sa POEA ay hindi na siya nakatira o nagtatrabaho doon. Pwede bang personal na lang na kunin?
A: Pwede pong personal na kunin sa POLO sa bansa kung saan kayo nagtatrabaho.
Q:Kung sa ibang bansa ipapadala ang OFW ID . Paano yung nagpalit ng employer at dipa naupdate sa POEA?
A: Makipag-ugnayan lang po sa POEA o POLO upang ma update ang inyong address at iba pang information.
Q: Ang OFW ID pwede ba mag avail ang mga dating OFW?
A: ‘Once an OFW always an OFW’ Pwede po mag avail nitong OFW ID maging ang mga ex-OFW.
Q: Kahit ba direct hired ay kasama sa OFW ID?
A: Kasama po ang direct hired OFW.
To watch the complete interview, see video below.
- Best date for Thailand to reopen is Dec 15, says top health official - October 18, 2021
- Pinay teacher in Bangkok needs cash donation for her brain surgery - June 17, 2021
- Filipino teacher in Sukhothai breaks collarbone in motorcycle accident - September 9, 2020