An earthquake with a 5.6 magnitude struck Occidental Mindoro on Sunday, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology reported.
The earthquake occurred at 5:59 a.m. and its epicenter was located at 12.94°N, 120.78°E – 010 km N 02° W of the municipality of Sablayan.
The tectonic quake had a depth of 10 km.
Instrumental intensities are as follows:
- Intensity III: San Jose, Occidental Mindoro;
- Intensity II: Batangas City; and
- Intensity I: Mulanay and Mauban, Quezon; Tagaytay City.
PHIVOLCS said damage may result and aftershocks may occur.
Source: GMA News
- Camper sleeps in tent with a venomous cobra in Rayong - January 23, 2023
- Over 30 Bangkok students suffer food poisoning after eating free noodles - January 16, 2023
- Free access for historical parks, national museums as New Year’s gift - December 23, 2022