An earthquake with a 5.6 magnitude struck Occidental Mindoro on Sunday, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology reported.
The earthquake occurred at 5:59 a.m. and its epicenter was located at 12.94°N, 120.78°E – 010 km N 02° W of the municipality of Sablayan.
The tectonic quake had a depth of 10 km.
Instrumental intensities are as follows:
- Intensity III: San Jose, Occidental Mindoro;
- Intensity II: Batangas City; and
- Intensity I: Mulanay and Mauban, Quezon; Tagaytay City.
PHIVOLCS said damage may result and aftershocks may occur.
Source: GMA News
- Check-in agent suspended after allegedly asking money from OFW - May 7, 2023
- Thai lady accuses officers at NAIA of attempted theft - February 14, 2023
- Heatwave to hit Thailand in April with mercury rising to 43° Celsius - February 6, 2023