Steps on How to get Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) Online
SUMMER break here in Thailand officially starts in two days, at least for those who are teaching Elementary and High School, and those who are gearing up to have their grand vacation in the Philippines might as well prepare all the necessary documents to ensure a smooth return here in the kingdom. So, okay na ba ang Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) mo?
What is OEC?
The Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is a requirement under the rules and regulations of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to help ensure that overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are properly documented and protected.
The OEC, sometimes also called the “exit pass,” is required to be presented to international ports of exit in the Philippines as proof that the holder is a bona fide OFW. It is thus necessary when a Household Service Worker (HSW), or any OFW, goes back to the Philippines for home leave, if he/she intends to return back to the country of employment.
OEC holders are exempted from paying the travel tax and the airport terminal fee.
In its website, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) has posted the Balik Manggagawa Online Processing System and encouraged returning OFWs to get their Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) or Exemption Online.
Here’s how to use this system:
1. For New User, register in the system using your personal email account and click the Sign Me Up button. Open your email account to click the confirmation link.
2. Log-in as Already Registered user. Enter your last issued OEC number. If no record found, set an Online Appointment.
3. If record is found, update your Personal Data, Contract Particulars, and Beneficiaries, as needed.
4. Click Acquire OEC or Exemption for online assessment. Enter flight date and confirm if returning to the same employer and jobsite.
5. If returning to the same employer and jobsite, the system will display a confirmation message indicating that you are exempted from securing the OEC and payment of processing fee.
6. If not, you will be redirected to the Appointment Page. Select your preferred POEA office and schedule for processing of OEC and payment.
To get your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) or Exemption Online, click here: bmonlineph
Enjoy your holidays!
- Bangkok PE to hold consular outreach in Koh Samui - September 17, 2020
- 2 Nigerian nationals nabbed over romance scam - September 13, 2020
- Teacher faces sexual assault charges - September 13, 2020