Laos government suspends all types of visas for foreign tourists
VIENTIANE — Laos government will stop issuing tourist visas to all nationals starting from March 20 to April 20, 2020 as a preventive measure to stop the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19.
In a report from the Vientiane Times, “all types of visas on arrival and electronic visas (E-visas) are suspended”, while those already in possession of a visa need to also get a health certificate and provide information on their travel history.
According to a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, the following measures will be implemented “to reduce the risk of importation of the virus to the Lao PDR.”
1. Suspend issuing visa on arrival for all nationals
2. Suspend issuing Tourist Visa at Lao Diplomatic Mission Overseas
3. Suspend issuing eVisa
4. Suspend practicing of visa exemption for nationals of ASEAN countries and nationals of countries that signed agreement on visa exemption both unilateral and bilateral with the Lao PDR.
5. Issue visas for visitors who intended to visit the Lao PDR with non tourist purposes only. Visitors will have to submit requisite information on their health and related documents to the Lao diplomatic missions in the country they are resident for approval before the intended date of travel. Visitors who arrive in the Lao PDR without the necessary approval will be denied entry into the country. Application form on health declaration will be available on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs “www.mofalao.gov.la“.
These measures will be implemented starting from March 20 to April 20, 2020.
Source: Thaivisa | Vientiane Times
- Hailstorm in Nan turns streets and houses white - March 14, 2023
- Tourism and Sports Minister to ask CCSA to end Thailand Pass - June 10, 2022
- PAL announces 81st anniversary seat sale for as low as P181 - March 20, 2022