The Special Professional Licensure Examination (SPLE) for overseas Filipino teachers has two groups of examinees: the elementary teacher examinees and the secondary teacher examinees. Both groups are required to take general and professional education, each with varying weights for each group. To pass the examination, an examinee must obtain an average rating of not less than 75% and must have no rating lower than 50% in any of the tests.
The first part of the exam is General Education. It is comprised by 5 subject areas which are English, Filipino, Mathematics, Science, and Social Sciences. Topics in each subject area are listed below. Sample questions that may appear on the exam are also included.
ENGLISH (Study and Thinking Skills, Writing in the Discipline, Speech and Oral Communication, Philippine Literature, Master Works of the World)
He is known to be the father of horror stories.
a. Edgar Allan Poe
b. Mark Twain
c. William Faulkner
d. Harriet Beecher Stowe
Ronnie has scarcely no equal as a pitcher. The underlined word means _____.
a. No change
b. Has scarcely an equal
c. Has scarcely with equal
d. Has hardly and equal
FILIPINO (Komunikasyon sa Akademikong Filipino, Pagbasa at Pagsulat tungo sa Pananaliksik, Masining na Pagpapahayag)
“Oo. Ate, _____________ na muna ako nang tubig”.
MATHEMATICS (Fundamentals of Math, Plane Geometry, Elementary Algebra, Statistics and Probability)
If 4a = b, then a is equal to _________.
a. 4 + b
What is the cube root of (32 x 3)?
b. 3 x 3
SCIENCE (Biological Science -General Biology; Physical Science- with Earth Science)
The skull of a person increases in size during _________.
Fossils are most likely to be found in ______.
a. Metamorphic rocks
b. Igneous rocks
c. Sedimentary rocks
d. Ocean floor
SOCIAL SCIENCES (Philippine Government New Constitution with Human Rights; Philippine History; Basic Economics, Taxation, Agrarian Reform; Society, Culture with Family Planning; Rizal and Other Heroes; Philosophy of Man; Arts; General Psychology; Information and Communication Technology)
The breakdown of Feudalism started first in _______.
The Comprehensive Land Reform Program (CARP) provides a person, association, or corporation cannot own or retain agricultural land which is more than how many hectares?
The second part of the exam is Professional Education. It consists of the following 5 areas:
- Teaching Profession, Social Dimensions of Education
- Principles of Teaching, Educational Technology, Curriculum Development
- Facilitating Learning, Child and Adolescent Development
- Assessment of Student Learning, Developmental Reading
- Field Study, Practice Teaching
Listed below are few professional education questions that may be included in the exam.
1. The Department of Education gives greater emphasis on the development of basic skills. What is the philosophical basis for this?
2. Francisco was very much worried about the thumb sucking of his son. A friend of him says that certain behavior among infants. Who presented that notion that certain behavior like thumb-sucking is normal behavior?
a. Sigmund Freud
b. Erick Ericson
c. John Bowlly
d. Urie Bronfrenbenner
3. Which theory operates on the “stimulus-response principle”, which means all behaviors are caused by external stimuli?
a. Contextual theory
b. Behaviorist theory
c. Cognitive theory
d. Constructivist theory
4. A music teacher is careful in planning activities for each lesson. He praises liberally and rewards correct answers. What view of learning is exhibited?
a. Classical conditioning
b. Meaningful learning
c. Operant conditioning
d. Social learning
5. Who among the following is in the category of non-academic personnel as provided for under Education Act of 1982?
a. Guidance counselors
b. School principal
c. School nurse
d. School librarian
You can visit http://www.prcboard.com for a full list of sample questions and answer key. Good luck on your review! You can do it!
- Five Fascinating Reasons Why I Became A Teacher - January 15, 2018
- Personal Reflection: What’s the Best Thing that Happened to you in 2017? - January 6, 2018
- 15 Business Ideas with Low to Average Capital for Overseas Filipino Workers - August 29, 2017