Mr. Jun Amparo, personal finance advocate and author of “OMG! OFW’s Money is Gone: Practical Tips on How to Be Wise with Your Hard-earned Money,” gave a financial literacy seminar to a group of OFWs in Chachoengsao province.
During the financial literacy seminar, Mr. Amparo discussed savings, emergency fund, investment opportunities, stewardship principles and the importance of financial education. The said event was held at Benchamaratrungsarit School last December 3, 2017. Mr. Amparo is a blogger and writes personal finance articles at GMA News Online, The Filipino Times, LoanSolutions Philippines, and some other sites including The Pinoy Legacy where he is a Co-Founder.
Prior to financial literacy session, the Honorable Mary Jo Bernardo-Aragon, Philippine Ambassador to Thailand, led the induction of the newly-elected set of officers and gave a few words of encouragement to Chachoengsao Filipino Community (CFC) headed by Mr. John Temporaza as CFC President. The newly-elected officers are as follows:
- JOHN REIL TEMPORAZA CFC President
- ROMEO VALENZUELA CFC Vice President
- SHEILA REASONDA CFC Secretary
- KHARINA JAY ARBIAS CFC Treasurer
- JESHER MERANA (Benchamaratrungsarit School)
- TERIO MACASLING JR. (Saint Louis School)
- JOE PAOLO MISLANG (ELCentre)
- GRACE PARADELA (Panthong School )
- BEVERLYN BERNALES (Datdaruni School)
- JOHN TONEL (Wat Sothon School)
- MARICON VUDTHITOMRONG, CFC Adviser
In addition, Ms. Nelly Palpallatoc, gave an orientation about the role of the organization including some information about OWWA that every OFW must know. Ms. Palpallatoc is the President of QuickServantsUnited4Du30.
If you want to learn more about proper money management, please grab a copy of OMG book by following this link: richlyblessedtoday.com
- Best date for Thailand to reopen is Dec 15, says top health official - October 18, 2021
- Pinay teacher in Bangkok needs cash donation for her brain surgery - June 17, 2021
- Filipino teacher in Sukhothai breaks collarbone in motorcycle accident - September 9, 2020