BANGKOK — Filipino graduate students at the Asian Institute of Technology represented the Philippines and showcased different Filipino talent during the institute’s Cultural Show themed “Love is all around” held on Feb. 21, 2020.
The AIT Filipino Students Association (AFSA) is a group comprised of 29 students taking graduate studies in various fields, with Mr. Junar Arciete Landicho as this semester’s AFSA president.
Every semester, AFSA performs during the cultural event at the institute and showcase the talents of the Filipinos to the delight of their audience.
Ms Deanna Lestano, AFSA’s press relations officer, said this year’s event was joined by a Filipino-Thai friend, Amy, who was also the group’s representative to the Ms. AIT.
“From the inception of performance ideas to the creation of props and costumes and the final presentation day, the students gave their best,” Lestano said.
As always, the cultural event brought the students together and the friendship bonds grew.
AFSA won the following prizes and cemented their place in the event as one of the talented performers.
- Champion in Drama and Group Singing
- 1st runner up in Non-traditional Dance and Solo Singing
- Mr. Philippines was crowned as Mr. AIT January 2020.
Congratulations on your well-deserved success, AFSA.
- Tourism and Sports Minister to ask CCSA to end Thailand Pass - June 10, 2022
- PAL announces 81st anniversary seat sale for as low as P181 - March 20, 2022
- Bangkok approves 5 criteria to tackle new infections quickly - January 14, 2022