To address long queues and waiting time for foreigners seeking visa extensions, the Thai Immigration Bureau in partnership with VFS Global unveiled a new way for expats to extend their visas online.
The new online application will service specific types of visas, including those for:
2. Public school teachers
3. Students attending a Thai public school
4. Individuals serving in a government agency
5. Former Thai citizens
6. Family members of a current Thai resident
8. Trainers and researchers for a government agency
9. Machine installation and repair specialists
10. Medical specialists
11. Stationed vehicle operators
12. Embassy-certified and requested individuals
To apply online, visit https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/
The application procedures are as follow:
1. First, register an account here.
2. Fill out the form online and upload the required documents. Check which documents are required for your visa type here.
3. Book an appointment through the online system and pay the fees (Regular Service: ฿500 (~US$14) | Express Service: ฿1,500 (~US$42))
4. Get your documents stamped in person at a new e-extension counter at the Immigration Office of Chaeng Wattana.
Processing time is usually between 1-7 working days. If your application has exceeded seven business days, you can contact them through this link https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/contact-us
NOTE: At the moment, only expats residing or working in Bangkok will be eligible for this online system. Moreover, there is a 500 Baht service fee for using the service.
Sources: The Smart Local | Richard Barrow in Thailand
- Check-in agent suspended after allegedly asking money from OFW - May 7, 2023
- Thai lady accuses officers at NAIA of attempted theft - February 14, 2023
- Heatwave to hit Thailand in April with mercury rising to 43° Celsius - February 6, 2023