To address long queues and waiting time for foreigners seeking visa extensions, the Thai Immigration Bureau in partnership with VFS Global unveiled a new way for expats to extend their visas online.
The new online application will service specific types of visas, including those for:
2. Public school teachers
3. Students attending a Thai public school
4. Individuals serving in a government agency
5. Former Thai citizens
6. Family members of a current Thai resident
8. Trainers and researchers for a government agency
9. Machine installation and repair specialists
10. Medical specialists
11. Stationed vehicle operators
12. Embassy-certified and requested individuals
To apply online, visit https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/
The application procedures are as follow:
1. First, register an account here.
2. Fill out the form online and upload the required documents. Check which documents are required for your visa type here.
3. Book an appointment through the online system and pay the fees (Regular Service: ฿500 (~US$14) | Express Service: ฿1,500 (~US$42))
4. Get your documents stamped in person at a new e-extension counter at the Immigration Office of Chaeng Wattana.
Processing time is usually between 1-7 working days. If your application has exceeded seven business days, you can contact them through this link https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/contact-us
NOTE: At the moment, only expats residing or working in Bangkok will be eligible for this online system. Moreover, there is a 500 Baht service fee for using the service.
Sources: The Smart Local | Richard Barrow in Thailand
- Camper sleeps in tent with a venomous cobra in Rayong - January 23, 2023
- Over 30 Bangkok students suffer food poisoning after eating free noodles - January 16, 2023
- Free access for historical parks, national museums as New Year’s gift - December 23, 2022