Cold season in Thailand is coming at the end of this year and a drop in temperature is likely to hit the country, including Bangkok where temperatures may drop to 15-17 degrees Celsius during the months of December and January, said the Thai Meteorological Department.
According to the department’s prediction as reported by Thai PBS World, the current cold front hovering over northern Thailand since Monday will bring rain and send temperatures in the northern and north-eastern regions down by 1-2 degrees Celsius initially and another 1-3 degrees Celsius between October 12-13.
But more intense cold fronts from China are expected later this month through February, with the coldest weather lasting from late December until mid-January, the report added.
Coldest weather predictions by the Weatherman are as follows:
– North: Chiang Rai, 7-9 degrees Celsius; Nan, 7-9 degrees Celsius; Chiang Mai, 12.14 degrees Celsius.
– Northeast: Sakhon Nakhon, 7-9 C; Nakhon Phanom, 7-9 C; Nakhon Ratchasima, 13-15 C.
– Central Region: Kanchanaburi, 13-15 C; Nakhon Sawan, 14-16 C and Suphan Buri, 16-18 C.
– Eastern Region: Sa Kaew, 14-16 C; and Chon Buri, 16-18 C.
– Southern Region: Prachuap Khiri Khan, 17-19 C and Phuket, 20-22 C.
The cold season in Thailand is about to arrive. What are you waiting for? Start dusting your winter clothes off now.
Source: Thai PBS World
- Hailstorm in Nan turns streets and houses white - March 14, 2023
- Tourism and Sports Minister to ask CCSA to end Thailand Pass - June 10, 2022
- PAL announces 81st anniversary seat sale for as low as P181 - March 20, 2022