British man dies of possible electrocution in Phuket


PHUKET:  A British man died in Phuket on Wednesday, April 6, in what was believed to be another ‘electrocution incident’.

Paul Wilkinson, 55, was found unconscious in his house and was given CPR by rescue team before he was rushed to Chalong Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

A Chalong police told The Nation that the victim was working in the garden using tools close to an electric pole and transformer next to the wall of his house . “This leads us to believe he may have been electrocuted,” the police said.

A postmortem examination was conducted to the victim’s body at Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Meanwhile, authorities have been instructed to examine the power pole to determine if the pole was faulty and caused the sudden death of the foreigner.

Two weeks ago, a Burmese woman have died of an electrocution incident from a shower unit in a guest room at a Phuket resort.

Source: The Nation

Leave A Comment
Lorenzo Caballes, Jr.
Latest posts by Lorenzo Caballes, Jr. (see all)

Lorenzo Caballes, Jr.

Lorenzo is a full time English Language Teacher to high school students in Phitsanulok. He reads and travels for self-enrichment. He also writes at where he shares his struggles and joys of being a teacher in Thailand for almost a decade now.