Around 100 primary school students sent to hospital due to diarrhea


Nakhon Sri Thammarat — Several primary school students in downtown Nakhon Sri Thammarat were sent to the hospital after they started getting diarrhea.

The students developed food poisoning as a result of consuming boiled eggs made by the school. Some developed symptoms on the same day while others started vomiting and diarrhea in the morning at school, according to a report from Thai Residents.

One of the teachers hired a songthaew truck to deliver the primary school students to Nakhon Sri Thammarat Hospital on 27 February 2020. As more and more students got sick, some were sent to other hospitals as almost 100 students were suffering from diarrhea.

The report also added that a parent stated her child had diarrhea and was throwing up non-stop. Many students started showing symptoms before lunchtime arrived.

As more and more students started becoming sick, the teachers decided that the students needed to see a doctor. The INN News Team interviewed teachers at the school who all revealed that the students had boiled eggs made by the school, adding that students returned home and started getting diarrhea while many developed food poisoning symptoms on the next day at the school.

Students were vomiting at school along with rushing to the toilet. There are students with food poisoning symptoms in grade 2 to grade 6, the report added.

There were 51 students who were sent to Nakhon Sri Thammarat Hospital, more than 30 students have been sent to the Nakhonsithammarat Municipality Hospital, and 50 students with mild-moderate diarrhea are on home remedies. One student has been admitted to the hospital with severe diarrhea and dehydration.

Source: Thai Residents

Leave A Comment
Marcus Felipe