RAYONG — Governor Surasak Chareonsirichote said on Saturday (July 18) that 274 schools in Rayong are ready to welcome the students back on Monday (July 20), after being closed since July 15 when an Egyptian soldier who tested positive with Covid-19 was found to have visited a department store.
Students at the affected schools (11 vocational colleges, 223 public schools, 32 private schools and eight informal educational institutes) were provided online lessons following the order from the Ministry of Education.
“These schools were notified via Thai Chana platform that their students had been to the department store on the same day — July 10 — as the Egyptian soldier, so they announced closure for three days for cleaning and disinfection,” he said. “The students in risky groups were tested for Covid-19 and all tests came back negative.”
The governor also said that even schools located in different districts also announced closure. “Schools can use their own discretion to announce a closure up to seven days, but they have to give reasons to the public to prevent causing panic,” he said. “I had ordered public health staff to inspect all schools that had shut down in the past week and make sure that they are ready to open by Monday.”
Nation TV reporters visited Wat Ban Chang School in Ban Chang district when it was closed and found the school had hired professional cleaners to perform disinfection of classrooms, furniture and other facilities within the campus. One of the staff said that the deep cleaning was to ensure safety of students and parents and that it was ready to reopen on Monday.
Source: The Nation
- Hailstorm in Nan turns streets and houses white - March 14, 2023
- Tourism and Sports Minister to ask CCSA to end Thailand Pass - June 10, 2022
- PAL announces 81st anniversary seat sale for as low as P181 - March 20, 2022