KHONKAEN, THAILAND – The Association of Filipinos in Thailand (AFT) – Khon Kaen Chapter highlighted their Christmas celebration on December 17, 2016 at Kosa Hotel with the Awarding Ceremonies in an effort to recognize the members’ contribution for the success of all the activities initiated by the organization for the past two years – 2015 and 2016.
Citing her exemplary contribution to the AFT-Khon Kaen community, the AFT-Khon Kaen officers, sitting as the honors and awards body awarded a prestigious recognition ‘The 2016 Filipino of the Year Award (FOTY)’ to Pastor Meriam Romaraog. The awardee was given a plaque of recognition plus a 1-night stay at the Kosa Hotel.
Romaraog, one of the four expats nominated to the prestigious accolade, was nominated by Mrs. Nantita Katima, a BOT member and a key figure in the community. The 3 other nominees to the award were Ms. Rowena Cartano, Ms. Mary Grace Melgar, and Mrs. Amancia Bargue – Sipe. The three were given the ‘Bayanihan Award’.
Earlier in December, the awards body convened in an effort to screen the nominees and choose the best among the four FOTY nominees under the criteria: Faith, Character, and Service.
In addition to the FOTY award, Mr. Marlon Sipe, the AFT-Khon Kaen president also handed-in presidential citations to graduating officers for their valuable contribution to the successes of the organization for the past 2 years. Their terms of office expired on Dec 31, 2016. The awardees were:
• V.P. Jeffry Sumalabe, Chair of the sports & Sungkran Committees
• Sec. Emilyn Orlain, Co-chaired the ‘Balik-Eskwela’ get-together & picnic
• Treas. Philip Shane Saludez, Chair of the finance & teacher-training committees
• Aud. Sheryl Giron, Chair of the ‘Balik-Eskwela’ get-together & picnic
• P.I.O Mary Grace Melgar, the COMELEC chair
• Socio-Cultural Coordinator, Chair of the Independence Day & Christmas Gala committees
• Sports Coordinator Jeraissa Olivares, chair of the Mothers’ Day special celebration
• Christine Uy, one of the advisers of the AFT-Khon Kaen
Parish priest Fr. Paul Sukhum Thanasingha, C.Ss.R of the St. Grerard Parish on the other hand, also issued a certificate of recognition to Mr. & Mrs. Renante Uy for their valuable contribution to the parish. The couple leads the music ministry of the church for English masses.
Vice–Consul and Third Secretary Jim Minglana personally handed the awardees their plaque and certificates of recognition. Five other personnel from the Philippine Embassy were present during the Awards Night.
Latest posts by Marlon Sipe (see all)
- The Search Is On For The“Most Outstanding Filipino Community Leader” - August 8, 2017
- Secretariat, QuickServANTS to host 3rd FCLC;Sec Bello, et al coming - July 26, 2017
- AFT-Khon Kaen recognizes outstanding members; Romaraog is FOTY 2016 Awardee - February 17, 2017