The ultimate question
I was driving back home one afternoon after our family attended a worship service. Suddenly, I was taken by surprised to hear a question from our nine-year-old son, Justin.
“Mommy, is God working in your life?” he asked.
My wife stared at me. I must admit we didn’t expect such practical yet spiritual query from a young mind like him. He was sitting at the second row of the back seat with his seven-year-old sister, Gayle. My wife paused for a moment to think of the best answer she could offer. She was about to reply when he began to have another question.
“Mommy, can you give me at least two specific examples to say that God is really working in your life?”
Whew! We were both speechless. How would I describe her? She was like a contestant from a Miss Universe beauty pageant who tried to give her best answer to one of the greatest questions in life.
As I gripped the steering wheel, I began to reflect how God had led us in the past. Its amazing how children can be used by God so we as parents can learn the valuable lessons about the purpose of life.
Then I listened to my wife’s answer.
“Yes. I have witnessed how God has been with me in the past even until now.”
We’re just listening to her. Then she continued.
“Firstly, out of more than twenty teachers who had been laid off, I was the only one who was rehired. I believe that God allowed me to extend more years so I can be a blessing to students and teachers.”
We were all nodding.
“Secondly, I prayed to God to spare the life of my father who had an illness. And God answered my prayer.”
Justin was satisfied and happy.
Have you ever wondered if God is really working in your life? I mean, you love God and you want His will for your life, yet nothing much seems to be happening despite of being a follower for years. Does God has a special plan for me? And if He does, how would I know?
God is working in your life
- When the fruit of the Spirit is visible in your Christian life.
- When you allow Him to use your talent or core gift to serve people.
- When you manage to have peace in the midst of the storms in life.
- When He protects you and your family from harm and extreme hardship.
- When you allow Him to take control of your life even you have no control over what’s happening around you.
- When you spend time praying and reading His Word. Just like the food, you cannot survived without them.
- When you have the passion to share the Bread of Life to spiritually hungry and dying people.
- When He builds and refines your character through trials and sufferings.
- When you make Him as top priority over worldly things on earth.
Wherever you are, even if you feel depressed or facing insurmountable problems, always remember that God can work all of the events of your life into a great masterpiece—if you let Him.
For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. –Philippians 2:13, NIV
Latest posts by Jun Amparo (see all)
- Top 6 Reasons Why An OFW Should Consider Investing In Mutual Funds - February 9, 2018
- The Horrible Effect Of Debt: An OFW Story - January 31, 2018
- We May Be Small But Our God is a Great And Mighty God - January 26, 2018